Re: Ada-mode to be abandoned?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Ada-mode to be abandoned?
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 04:14:15 +0200

Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2024 17:54:23 +0200
From: Dmitry <dmitry@gutov.dev>
Cc: "Philip Kaludercic" <philipk@posteo.net>, emacs-devel@gnu.org,
  "Stephen Leake" <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org>

On Sun, Jan 7, 2024, at 5:25 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

  OTOH, adding it to core shouldn't interfere with anything.

It's an extra burden to contributors: due to the limitations of our development
workflow, everybody has
to be subscribed to everything.

Are there many contributors to ada-mode?

I'm talking about Emacs contributors.

Perhaps it doesn't make a difference to you, but I routinely have to page
through notifications for
commits and bug reports to features that I have no interest in (nor ability to
meaningfully contribute).
Such as ERC, for example.

Email filtering could help with that, perhaps?

Probably not: the commit messages are not always used consistently, and if one filters out messages by body contents, it risks false positives, e.g. in cases where a commit touches many packages as once.