RE: [External] : Re: Upcoming merge of adaptive-wrap

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Upcoming merge of adaptive-wrap
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 15:32:47 +0000

> >> Similarly, no one reads our very fine documentation.
> >
> > What makes you think that?
>
> Experience. In the Tramp case, about half of the reports are answered
> by me quoting the Tramp manual.

Thanks for providing a reason (sincerely).

That doesn't mean that the half you quoted
the manual to hadn't read any of the manual
- or even hadn't read any of the very text
you quoted to them.

A fortiori, it doesn't mean that the half
you didn't quote the manual to hadn't read
any of that either.

It's unfortunate that people don't read the
docs as much as might benefit them.  And
it's unfortunate that sometimes when people
do read it they don't read it well enough.

I know a valid point was trying to be made,
but it's clearly not the case that "no one"
reads any of the doc.  You and I do, for
starters. ;-)