Re: [RFC] Proposed change to EWW history navigation

From: Jim Porter
Subject: Re: [RFC] Proposed change to EWW history navigation
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 15:41:48 -0800

On 2/19/2024 12:04 PM, Jim Porter wrote:
Over in bug#69232[1], I've posted a patch to change how history navigation in EWW works (read: when you go back/forward).
[snip]> [1] https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=69232

I've updated this patch to be more like other browsers: now, when navigating to a brand-new page from a historical one, EWW clears the "future history" after that historical page. If you're familiar with how most web browsers like Firefox and Chrome work, this is exactly the same.

As before, if this would cause problems for any EWW users, let me know, and I'll try to accommodate your use cases in my patch.