Re: Page order in describe-bindings

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Page order in describe-bindings
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2024 09:26:57 +0200

> From: "T.V Raman" <raman@google.com>
> Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2024 20:08:21 -0800
>
> At present, C-h b (describe-bindings)
> shows all the minor mode bindings first, and  places the major mode
> bindings at the end.
>
> So for instance, when called in a help-mode buffer, the help-mode
> bindings are 3400 lines down.
>
> Could we (should we) display major-mode bindings first?

I don't think this is a good idea, since someone will come later
complaining that they want the minor mode first...

The *Help* buffer generated by "C-h b" has the outline-minor-mode
turned on, so navigation is easy (e.g., "C-c @ C-n" and "C-c @ C-p" to
move between sections).  And maybe you want to customize
describe-bindings-outline-rules to the nil value, which will make the
sections hidden, with only the section headings visible: then you can
easily unhide only the section you are interested in.  I think
outline-minor-mode all but eliminates the need to decide which part is
first and which follows it.