Re: Incorporate package macrostep into Emacs core

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Incorporate package macrostep into Emacs core
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 18:26:11 -0400

> I initially followed your confirmation to write in the Emacs Lisp manual
> (top of this message), but indeed this may belong more appropriately in
> the Emacs manual.  How about in "(emacs) Programs"?
> Please confirm your preference either way and I'll continue the rewrite.

If it works only for Emacs Lisp macros, then it makes sense to put it in
the ELisp manual.  But if it provides a "generic" interface with
backends for various languages, then it might make sense to document it in
the Emacs manual.  And the two are not necessarily mutually exclusive
unless one makes the other redundant.

        Stefan