Re: master c86995d07e9: Enable code block evaluation when generating .or

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: master c86995d07e9: Enable code block evaluation when generating .org manuals
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2024 22:39:28 -0400

Robert Pluim writes:

> This has set off my paranoia alarm. So anyone that manages to
> sneak malicious emacs lisp code into the org manual gets to run that
> code on the machines of everyone who builds emacs from source?

Yes.

> (I know, I know, we already run emacs lisp code during the build. But
> it comes from .el files, generally, not documentation).

I understand.

As mentioned by Ihor (+cc) in bug#71394, this change is needed before
syncing the latest Org release to the Emacs tree due to Org's 715148131
(org-manual: Automatically generate export option list, 2023-07-31).

That's not an argument that the Emacs side should accept this change.
But if not, we'll need to adjust things on Org's end.