Re: master 1aa83da46d1 2/2: ; * etc/NEWS: Rename read-process-output-fas

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: master 1aa83da46d1 2/2: ; * etc/NEWS: Rename read-process-output-fast here also.
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2024 16:03:36 +0300

On 11/06/2024 15:35, Robert Pluim wrote:
If I was being pedantic [1] Iʼd say it should be
'process-read-output-simple', the 'fast' bit is just the side effect
😉

More seriously: the variable name should describe the semantics. What
underlying function is used as a result is not relevant to users of
the variable.Investigation for me normally goes

No problem - I'm convinced. ;-)

'search bug# in commit log' -> git show <revision>

so it doesnʼt really matter if the bug comments match the code.

Most users don't have the repository checked out, but they might find the bug report page through a web search.