Re: master 5a125fb5a97 1/2: Update to Org 9.7.3

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: master 5a125fb5a97 1/2: Update to Org 9.7.3
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2024 12:39:34 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> Org cannot directly use compat.el for now.
>> I am attaching tentative patch that defines a compatibility alias and
>> autoloads it.
>> Is this approach good enough?
>
> Assuming you tested it and the warning is gone, including when
> visiting a file with that variable in file-locals section, then yes,
> this is good enough.  But please also wait for Stefan's opinion.

Applied, onto bugfix.
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=bd8b861ee

As for careful testing, I know some oddities when there is Emacs from
ELPA.  Emacs always uses autoloads from built-in Org mode, not from ELPA
version (because ELPA ships with org-loaddefs.el, while package.el
expects org-autoloads.el; see `package--autoloads-file-name') . But
that's a bit tangent. See my other email in
https://yhetil.org/emacs-devel/87y1adrria.fsf@localhost/

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,