Re: Question about bignum usage

From: Mattias Engdegård
Subject: Re: Question about bignum usage
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2024 11:38:48 +0200

20 juni 2024 kl. 09.36 skrev Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>:

> This means we check for expired times every 100 msec, so yes, we will
> create a lot of bignums.

Right, and a few hundred bignums allocated every second isn't something even
the current GC should have any trouble with.

But it is a bit wasteful, isn't it? We use very short-lived bignums for
internal purposes even when the picosecond part is 0, in places like
decode_timer where there should be need to cons anything at all.