Re: Interest in temporary with-advice functionality?

From: Jim Porter
Subject: Re: Interest in temporary with-advice functionality?
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2024 19:08:27 -0700

On 6/17/2024 9:12 PM, Campbell Barton wrote:
While `cl-letf` can be used, advice is especially useful for it's :around functionality, while possible, it gets fairly verbose to use cl-letf to override the function in a way that supports calling the original.

I've been using a "with-advice" macro (see [0]).

The macros temporarily adds, then removed the advice
[snip]
I was wondering if there is any interest to have this added to emacs.

I've done this sort of temporary-advising more than a handful of times (mostly in my init.el to work around various bugs on older Emacs versions), and would find it useful.