Re: MPS: dangling markers

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: MPS: dangling markers
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2024 15:21:36 +0000

Gerd Möllmann <gerd.moellmann@gmail.com> writes:

> Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> Gerd Möllmann <gerd.moellmann@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Thanks, Ihor, that looks promising. I've now also pushed a quick and
>>> dirty add_marker in O(1), that's why I reverted. to get that on top.
>>> Works for me...

I no longer see markers in the perf stats.

>>> A comparison of how it feels compared to master would also be interesting.

Still crashing :) (mostly because of child process signal - it
constantly triggers when running background compilation via staight.el)

Otherwise, things are snappy. At least on par with master (to open my
agenda, in terms of CPU samples recorded by perf), if not faster. (but I
had to remove all the debug info from the build and not run gdb to get
that "on par")

Also, doing LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib64/libjemalloc.so.2 is a bad idea with
scratch/igc. Not that it made things crash, but it made things slower.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,