Re: [O] [ANN] ASCII back-end for new export engine

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] ASCII back-end for new export engine
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 14:06:31 +0530

> No. Headlines, along with items, keywords and sections, can't have
> affiliated keywords. Though, they have properties. It may be done with:
>
>   :PROPERTIES:
>   :NUMBERING: nil
>   :END:
>
> But it's still new syntax. It could also be narrowed
> to :LATEX_NUMBERING: nil, but I think that this feature, if implemented,
> should be available for every major back-end, much like "num:1".

This is how headlines are formatted in ODF.

#+begin_src nxml
  <text:h text:style-name="Heading_20_1" text:outline-level="1">
  </text:h>
#+end_src

The style name says the paragraph properties of the heading. The outline
level (indirectly) specifies the numbering properties.

By bumping outline-level to a very high-value it should be possible to
have a particular headline to be rendered unnumbered and not enter TOC.

As a side note, it looks like we are talking various means of headline
behaviour vis a vis numbering

1. numbered and listed
2. unnumbered and listed
3. unnumbered and not listed
4. listified

Hope we are able to choose a property name that reflects it's
functionality vis-a-vis it's listing behaviour.