Re: [O] OT, but not really: todays XKCD

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] OT, but not really: todays XKCD
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 13:42:41 +1030

Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:

> "Dominik, Carsten" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hurray for Nicolas and Bastien to be brave and switch to the
>> new exporter framework which is a thing of beauty.
>
> It is an umbrella statement and doesn't mean much in and of itself.
>
> Let me clarify, Bastien has very miniscule (~ZERO) contribution to the
> new framework or the exporters.

Jambunathan,

please do not make the mistake of underestimating the effort required to
manage a project like org.  It is an often thankless job (thanks
Bastien!) and much of what is done is behind the scenes and probably
very often akin to herding cats.  Nicolas has not worked in isolation,
which is not intended to diminish his contributions of course.  The fact
that much of the continual evolution of org is so painless and yet so
effective is a real indicator of how well Bastien is managing the whole
process.

'nuff said.  On to other things now... like actually using org to get
work done!

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.3.50.1 and Org 7.9.3e-975-g1eccd2