Re: [O] [ANN] Firefox extension for org-protocol and org-capture

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] Firefox extension for org-protocol and org-capture
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 16:43:12 +0100

Olivier Schwander <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear list,
>
> I would like to announce the first version of an extension to
> call org-capture through org-protocol from Firefox:
>  - http://chadok.info/firefox-org-capture/
>
> It just does the same thing as the Javascript bookmarklet but without
> the need to register the scheme org-protocol:// in Firefox/Gnome/KDE/XDG
> (or whatever we are supposed to do this week to manage handler for
> protocols). I hope this solution to be easier and more reliable, at
> least for Firefox users.

So what do I do after installing it?  I get a new button but nothing
happens when I click it.  On this PC I'm using Fx27 and GNU Emacs
24.3.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.7) and Org-mode
version 8.2.5h and i3-wm.  I can test with Gnome when I get home.

–Rasmus

--
This is the kind of tedious nonsense up with which I will not put