[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [O] Changed behaviours of LaTeX exporter in version 8.0+

From: Kyeong Soo (Joseph) Kim
Subject: Re: [O] Changed behaviours of LaTeX exporter in version 8.0+
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 15:32:27 +0800

Sorry for asking another question; this time it is for the cross-referencing in LaTeX export, which existed before (e.g., Sec. 16 of manual for <8.0) but is gone now.

Per the suggestion from the older manual for <8.0, I have the following setting in my configuration file:

(setq org-export-latex-hyperref-format "\\ref{%s}") ; for cross-referencing

Now with 8.2.7c and the following org internal link to a section

... described in Sec. [[*SectionOne][SectionOne]] ...

LaTeX export generates the following code:

... described in Sec. \texttt{SectionOne}, ...



On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 3:07 PM, Kyeong Soo (Joseph) Kim <address@hidden> wrote:
Nicolas and All,

One further question regarding your suggestion of the use of filter for special blocks in export:

I just found out that, if I close Emacs and relaunch it, all variables for filter (i.e., 'org-export-filter-*') are not defined. As a result, the following elisp codes for the workaround based on both your suggestion and the filter example in the manual causes void variable error (i.e., "Symbol's value as variable is void: org-export-filter-special-block-function"):

;; workaround solution (until 8.3.0) for case-sensitve handling of special-block for IEEE LaTeX class
(defun my-latex-filter-ieeekeywords (text backend info)
  "Upcase 'IEEE' in IEEEkeywords environment in LaTeX export."
  (when (org-export-derived-backend-p backend 'latex)
(replace-regexp-in-string "ieeekeywords" "IEEEkeywords" text)))

(add-to-list 'org-export-filter-special-block-functions

It turns out that those variables are defined only after exporting org file into LaTeX.

Again, any advice on propor addition of custom filter functions in the configuration file would be greatly appreciated; maybe the said example in the manual needs to be updated as well.


On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 12:50 PM, Kyeong Soo (Joseph) Kim <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Nicolas,

Great thanks for the detailed instructions with clear explanations for the problems.

I have addressed all those issues per your suggestions, but put some comments embedded below.

Again, many thanks for your great help!


On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 3:01 AM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:

-----> snip <-----

> 2. Accessing the value of "#+KEYWORDS:" and change of cases in
> "org-special-blocks"
> For keywords section in IEEE papers, I used to have the following settings:
> ...
> #+BEGIN_IEEEkeywords
> {{{KEYWORDS}}}.
> #+END_IEEEkeywords


> Version 8.2.7c, however, produces the following from the same settings:
> \begin{ieeekeywords}
> .
> \end{ieeekeywords}

I'm surprised {{{KEYWORDS}}} even worked as, AFAIK, it wasn't
documented.  Indeed, there is no such macro in Org 8.0.  However, you
can define your own

'{{{KEYWORDS}}}' worked without any issues in previous versions, which in fact was suggested by someone in the mailing list or stackoverflow (unfortunately, I couldn't find that via Google any longer).

By the way, in Sec. 12.3 of the Org manual (ver. 8.2.7c), 'KEYWORDS' is listed together with 'AUTHOR', 'TITLE' and so on as export keywords. Also, according to Sec. 11.6, those predefined keywords (e.g.,  #+TITLE:, #+AUTHOR:) can be accessed by {{{title}}} and {{{author}}} like user-defined macros.

It seems that there is some inconsistency between the actual behavior and the corresponding manual in export engine of org-mode ver. 8.2.7c.

-----> snip <-----

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]