Re: [O] Changes to contrib

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Changes to contrib
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2015 14:49:20 +0100

Hi,

Kosyrev Serge <address@hidden> writes:

> I have tried to use ox-taskjuggler and faced what appeared to be a
> mountain of.. infelicities and semi-broken functionality.
>
> A need shapes the man, so I plowed through the most direct obstacles,
> and finally managed to get what I want from the beast -- mostly by
> adding direct Org-property -> TJ-attribute export pathways.
>
> I don't know what is the proper way to submit patches for the contrib/
> directory, so I made a branch on github:
>
>   https://github.com/deepfire/org-mode/commits/ox-taskjuggler-fixes
>
> Please, do tell how you would like to proceed from there.

Please see

       http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html

TL;DR: git format-patch.

Do you have signed FSF papers?  I don't know if there's any desire to move
ox-taskjuggler.el to core, nor whether it would be possible (since I don’t
know if "tj" and Baptiste have signed FSF papers).

> (One immediate nitpick, of course, is that none of the additions
>  are documented..)

Some quick comments from skimming your code (note, I have no idea what a
taskjuggler is):

I don’t know what you refer to explicitly.  But that should be fixed, I
guess.  I think you add some more taskjuggle keywords/properties for
example.

Also, you introduce a dependency on subr-x, which may or may not be an
issue since it’s in contrib.

org-export-map-special-nodes and org-element-multivalued-property are not
proper names, as they will supposedly only be used in ox-taskjuggler.

Rasmus

--
Don't panic!!!