[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [O] Bug: org-babel-tangle error. org-babel-get-header undefined [8.3

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: org-babel-tangle error. org-babel-get-header undefined [8.3.2 (release_8.3.2-317-gbd921f @ /home/swflint/.emacs.d/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 14:09:48 -0500
User-agent: Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/25.0.50 (gnu/linux)

"Samuel W. Flint" <address@hidden> writes:


>> In your org-babel-do-load-languages call, try to changing
>>     (sh . t)
>> to
>>     (shell . t)
>> --
>> Kyle
> I went ahead and tried that.  I still get that error.

Hmm, and that was after Emacs was restarted?

Here is why I suggested that.  As of Org 8.2, ob-sh was renamed to
ob-shell.  The NEWS file contained this:

    *** =ob-sh.el= renamed to =ob-shell=
    This may require two changes in user config.
    1. In =org-babel-do-load-languages=, change =(sh . t)= to =(shell . t)=.
    2. Edit =local.mk= files to change the value of =BTEST_OB_LANGUAGES=
       to remove "sh" and include "shell".

If you didn't do this (as I didn't), you wouldn't necessarily notice,
because org-babel-do-load-languages ends up loading the old ob-sh.el
that ships with Emacs.  As the builtin ob-sh.el and babel diverged,
there were very likely subtle and perhaps not-so-subtle bugs, but the
blocks would execute until recently.  Execution now fails because
org-babel-get-header was removed in 0d000f5 (babel: small change in
API., 2015-10-29), but the old ob-sh.el is still trying to call it.

Based on the configuration you included, you do need to change (sh . t)
to (shell . t), but perhaps there is still some other issue going on.
If a restart with the previous suggestion doesn't fix it, please try to
put together a minimal Org file and configuration that will reproduce
the issue with emacs -Q.


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]