Re: [O] advice please: best way to export to DOC(X) with maths

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: [O] advice please: best way to export to DOC(X) with maths
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 13:58:49 +0100

The best way  is probably to generate a PDF with LaTeX
and to open it with MS-Word. Yes, it can do that, and the math import
is quite good (for what I have seen, at least as good as any other alternative option).

Fabrice

almost all the writing I do that is intended to be exported will be
exported to LaTeX.  However, every now and again I need to export to
DOC/DOCX.

My query is: what is the best way (i.e. the state of the art) currently
in org to export to DOC/DOCX for text that has equations?  I have both
inline maths, e.g. \(i \in [0,n]\) and displayed equations.  Is there a
route that will convert these to something Word et al. can process
directly, other than images?  Maybe via pandoc?

Thanks,
eric

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.3-168-g7455f4

--
Fabrice Popineau