[FR] Side-by-side images during export (was: [BUG] Org-mode Side-by-Side

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: [FR] Side-by-side images during export (was: [BUG] Org-mode Side-by-Side Images [9.5.3 (release_9.5.3-3-gd54104)])
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 14:48:58 +0000

Gustaf Waldemarson <gustaf.waldemarson@gmail.com> writes:

>   Does something like that already exist in org-mode? Alternatively,
>   what is the recommended and most portable approach to placing images
>   side-by-side?

No, AFAIK.

There are two problems:
1. We currently lack object-granular control over export attributes.
   Attributes for images are set for the whole paragraph and Org uses a
   paragraph starting with image as a special case, assigning paragraph
   to the image.
2. There is no easy universal way to create side-by-side images for all
   possible backends. The best thing we might provide is merging
   multiple images into one using, for example, a LaTeX minipage export
   to create merged image to be included into the exported document.

Patches welcome!
This feature is requested from time to time.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,