[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Summary of unscheduled tasks

From: Jody Klymak
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Summary of unscheduled tasks
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 17:07:18 -0800

Hi Andrew,

address@hidden (Andrew J. Korty) writes:

> A lot of my tasks are just ideas I've had that should fit somewhere
> into a project plan, but I don't know where at first.  Eventually,
> I'll visit the project page and plan things out, but until then,
> having them on today's page only serves to stress me out. :-)

Yeah, I know what you mean.  Getting Things Done had the idea of a
"tickle file" where you toss stuff at the start of a month, or week,
and know that you will come across it again.  I've been kind of using
tasks in this manner.  During November, I'll schedule a bunch of stuff
for Dec. 1.  Dec 1 comes along, I spend 10 minutes looking through
these tasks, remembering that I thought about them, and then either
dealing with them or rescheduling them with C-c C-c.  Often they get
put off a couple weeks or a month, so they don't stress me out.

Of course, there are tasks that need to get done on Dec. 1.  Hmmm,
maybe those should be class "A" and "think about" tasks should be
class "B".

This is orthogonal and complimentary to the "Next task for project A"
idea.

Cheers,  Jody

--
Jody Klymak      http://opg1.ucsd.edu/~jklymak/