[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Summary of unscheduled tasks

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Summary of unscheduled tasks
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 12:08:33 +0900

address@hidden (Andrew J. Korty) writes:

> A lot of my tasks are just ideas I've had that should fit somewhere
> into a project plan, but I don't know where at first.  Eventually,
> I'll visit the project page and plan things out, but until then,
> having them on today's page only serves to stress me out. :-)

I used to schedule all my tasks, but the day page clutter stressed me
out too. (Hehehe. You can tell I procrastinate too much.)

I currently leave most of my tasks undated. I have a few active
projects (FurtherStudies, PlannerModeMaintenance, and JapanTraining).
I have cyclic tasks of the form

#B0 _ Work on PlannerModeMaintenance

to remind me to check those pages and try to do one or two of the
tasks there every so often. I don't associate these cyclic tasks
with plan pages so that my plan pages don't get that cluttered.

Come to think of it, something that gives me an overview of the
projects with the unfinished/scheduled, unfinished/unscheduled, and
completed projects would be nice.

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, CS ed