Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Making planner simpler

From: Joe Steeve
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Making planner simpler
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 11:45:20 +0530

Sacha Chua <address@hidden> writes:
> Many non-Emacs users believe that Emacs is confusing and scary,
> but powerful.

That is basically because they are so used to Vi (or manytimes
Notepad) that they are overwhelmed by the functionality of
Emacs. However if they learn Emacs before they start with any
other editor., they see pretty comfortable.

I've successfully trained a 8 year old to use Emacs. He uses Emacs
to write a Journal in a plain text file for each day. Well, he is
yet to know about webpages, wikis, Internet, etc.. so planner is
still a far away thing for him. But I hope he'll be able to gather
them up in another year or so..

--
.O. A proud GNU user
..O http://www.joesteeve.tk/