Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Making planner simpler

From: Dabian - TMPEMAIL valid 2004dec12 + 8 days
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Making planner simpler
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 03:11:38 +0100

lør, 2004-12-11 kl. 17:13 skrev Sacha Chua:
> Many non-Emacs users believe that Emacs is confusing and scary, but
> powerful. The same is starting to be said of Planner. I'm resisting
> the urge to take it as a compliment. ;)

I used to fear GNU/Emacs, and believe you had to take 2 extra years on
the univerisity in order to be able to write a simple c-program in it.

However, when I found out how to get out of GNU/Emacs (C-x C-c), and
I went to the tutorial .. it didn't take long for me to love emacs.

This was back in the mid-nineties - I've been using GNU/Emacs ever
since, without exploiting the advanced features very much.

<CUT>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/PlannerModeMethods tries to be a
> step in the (right?) direction. What else can we do to make it easier?

One thing I learn a lot from, is examples .. like
        "Jill uses planner to keep track of her plans at school,
        she uses planner like this: <insert explanation>"

Would be cool with a real simple example, and some real life examples.

Anyhow ... I've not really got started with planner yet, just what I
imagine would be great.

> I'm thinking of turning off plan pages by default so that newbies
> don't have to worry about things like "TaskPool". It'll be like the
> way we have an option to turn off day pages. This will probably be
> controlled by a variable called planner-use-plan-pages . However, I
> can't set it for newbies without surprising the heck out of everyone
> else, so... umm... have any ideas on how to go about doing this?

I didn't get worried about the TaskPool, i just thought "cool" .. but
maybe thats because I don't know what it is yet. ;)

Dabian .

--
NB: Email only valid for 8 days.