[emacs-wiki-discuss] Integrating email with planner.el

From: Seth Falcon
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Integrating email with planner.el
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 17:07:04 -0800

Greetings.

I'm finding myself using planner more and more to help me keep track of projects. I'm now wanting to explore some of the features that allow integration of email with plans.

My impression is that if one want to integrate email and planner.el, then gnus is the way to go. Am I wrong about this? Are there Mutt users out there who have found ways to do some of this integration/linking?

[drifting off topic below, sorry]

I spent a few hours today trying and failing to get gnus to jump through hoops for me. I gather that this is not an uncommon first experience with gnus ;-). Anyone have a few suggestions for best ways of easing into use/setup of gnus? Background: I currently use Mutt and offlineimap to pull mail from an imap server to local disk as a collection of maildir dirs.

Thanks,

+ seth