Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Making planner simpler

From: Seth Falcon
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Making planner simpler
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 07:01:06 -0800

On Dec 13, 2004, at 3:37 PM, Sacha Chua wrote:
I don't think newbies need to be "protected" or "sheltered" from plan
pages.  The feature is well-documented.  But thanks for the warning!

Mmkay. I was just thinking about the fact that you can't manually edit
tasks yet...

You can't?  I thought that you can edit non-scheduled tasks at will?

I agree with keeping plan pages by default for newbies. It gives some structure that helps make understanding what planner.el is all about easier.

One simplification to consider: make the default to assign nil date to new tasks created with C-c C-t. An aspect of planner.el that isn't all that clear for me (as newbie) is how tasks are and are not automatically moved around.

Having discovered assigning nil date, I feel like I'm understanding things more (or encountering fewer surprises) and that it is a better way, for me, to use planner anyhow. Write tasks first, schedule later ;-)

cheers,

+ seth