[emacs-wiki-discuss] RFC: Solution for the extended character class issu

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] RFC: Solution for the extended character class issue
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 02:32:57 -0500

Emacs-wiki version 2.66 tries to deal with the lack of "[:space:]",
etc. support in XEmacs once and for all.

Several new configuration options are introduced which determine the
regexp snippet to use for each non-supported extended character class.
To see them all, do M-x customize-group emacs-wiki-regexp RET.

What I need to know is whether extended character classes work well
for Emacs 21.3.1.  From what I can understand of some of the messages
on this mailing list, there have been some problems with them, so to
be on the safe side, emacs-wiki version 2.66 will default to using the
explicit regexp snippets.

I would love it if someone who uses Emacs 21.3.1 could try customizing
all of those regexps to use extended character classes, testing link
recognition and speed, and then set them back to explicit regexp
snippets, letting me know what the results are.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- Web: http://www.mwolson.org/
Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net -- IRC: mwolson on freenode.net: #muse, #pulug