[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: bare bones and diary

From: Jody Klymak
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: bare bones and diary
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 08:41:16 -0800

Hello Rino,

Rino Mardo <address@hidden> writes:

> i'm fond of keeping all my stuff in one place (chaotic order) so i set:
>
> (setq planner-use-day-pages nil)
> (setq planner-default-page nil)
>
> which should display all my entries in one big page. now i want to use
> planner-diary but i'm having this error "No day plan buffer or date is
> in the past. No diary entries inserted."
>
> it seems my way of using planner "conflicts" with planner-diary? how
> do i create diary entries then?

Yeah, it does conflict.  Try this?  I suppose this function could be
rewritten to accommodate your method, but the planner-diary gurus
should probably do it.  Note you will have to M-x
planner-diary-insert-diary as well.  Or go ahead and change
planner-diary-insert-diary-maybe as well.

Another route, may be to write a rino-plan function that copies your
all-in-one file to the next day.  Then you'd have a running log...

Cheers,  Jody

(defun planner-diary-insert-diary (&optional force)
  "Insert the fancy diary for the day into the day plan file.
If FORCE is non-nil, insert a diary section even if there is no
`planner-diary-string' in the buffer."
  (interactive "P")
  ;; sanity check
  (let ((date (planner-diary-get-name)))
;;    (unless (string-match planner-date-regexp date)
;;      (error "Cannot insert diary in this buffer"))
    (planner-diary-update-section
     date ; file
     planner-diary-string ; title
     (planner-diary-get-diary-entries     ; text
      (planner-filename-to-calendar-date  ; date
       date)
      planner-diary-number-of-days
      planner-diary-file)
     force)))