[emms-help] Re: emms-stream-toggle-default-action

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: [emms-help] Re: emms-stream-toggle-default-action
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 18:45:18 +0200

Jorgen Schaefer <address@hidden> writes:

>>> To clarify, I'm suggesting that pressing RET on one of the streams
>>> will just start playing that stream, keeping the current playlist.
>>> (This means that no track in the playlist will be the current track.
>>> I don't know if this is a major problem, but I suspect it might be.)

[...]

> What do you expect `emms-next' to do when emms is playing a stream
> that is not in the playlist?

I expect that to start playing the next track in the playlist.
That is, if your playlist looks like `A B C', B is currently playing,
and you press RET on a stream, I expect `emms-previous' to start
playing A, and `emms-next' to start playing C.  In effect, the current
track would be temporarily replaced when you press RET on a stream.

I'm not sure whether this is actually a good idea.  The multiple
playlist stuff Lucas is talking about might be better, although I must
admit I do not really understand it. :-)

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>