Re: Custom window layout for EMMS?

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Re: Custom window layout for EMMS?
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 08:51:34 -0500

Utkarsh Singh <utkarsh190601@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Some background of my problem, in order to listen music I first launch
> EMMS with M-x emms and then move to regular Emacs editing buffer.  But
> depending on my mood I like to skip some song.  In order to do so I have
> two options:
>
> 1. Make emms buffer persistent :: As emms kills *EMMS Playlist* as soon
> as we move it to not-visible part

That isn't true. Emms doesn't know or care if its current buffer is
visible, and Emms definitely doesn't kill a non-visible buffer. For
example, I personally have about 11 Emms playlist buffers going at any
given time, only one of which current playing and non of which are
visible. Remember that Emms playlist buffers are just normal Emacs
buffers!

I think that something else is going on here.