Custom window layout for EMMS?

From: Utkarsh Singh
Subject: Custom window layout for EMMS?
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 17:36:46 +0530

Hi,

Some background of my problem, in order to listen music I first launch
EMMS with M-x emms and then move to regular Emacs editing buffer.  But
depending on my mood I like to skip some song.  In order to do so I have
two options:

1. Make emms buffer persistent :: As emms kills *EMMS Playlist* as soon
as we move it to not-visible part, I want to keep it loaded on right
corner of the screen.

2. M-x emms-next :: not so interactive as I don't memorize my playlist.

In order to perform 'first' option I want emms buffer to loaded on the
far right side of my screen.  I have also attached screenshot to depict
my visualization I created by dragging emms buffer from mouse pointer.
So I created this custom window layout(1):

(setq display-buffer-alist
      '(("\\*EMMS.*"
         (display-buffer-in-side-window)
         (window-width . 0.25)
           (side . right)
           (slot . 0))))

But after evaluating above expression I was greeted with an empty emms
buffer which was recovered after M-x emms-stop.

So how can I create custom layout from emms buffer OR can stop emms to
bury buffer when it's out of focus.

[1] Demo on custom window layout: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjOhJMbA-q0
--
Utkarsh Singh