Re: Long delay with HTTPS streams

From: Fabio Natali
Subject: Re: Long delay with HTTPS streams
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 22:46:14 +0100

On 2021-07-27 14:19:50 -0400, Yoni Rabkin <yoni@rabkins.net> wrote:
[...]
> The problem was perhaps that one of those BBC urls were added as a
> streamlist initially, and that was saved in the cache. Therefore no
> matter how you tried to add the same url later on, it would always be
> added as a streamlist because of the cache (which didn't work with
> mpv) and not a url (which did).
>
> We can test this by you removing the offending entries from the cache,
> by evaluating the following:
>
>     (progn
>       (emms-cache-del "https://stream.live.vc.bbcmedia.co.uk/bbc_radio_one";)
>       (emms-cache-del "http://stream.live.vc.bbcmedia.co.uk/bbc_radio_one";))
>
> Then using emms-add-url to re-add both of them and see if they just
> work.

Hey Yoni,

Thanks for this. I've just given it a try but sadly it doesn't seem to
work. The moment I remove this bit

    (setq emms-player-list '(emms-player-mpv))

then HTTPS streams start being affected by the long-delay
issue. Emptying the cache with the command above and then readding the
streams as URLs doesn't help apparently.

I'm glad to simply keep the `emms-player-list` setting in my config, but
I'm also happy to debug this further if you have any other idea.

Many thanks! F.