enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] Compile probs under Mac OS X

From: Johannes Fortmann
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Compile probs under Mac OS X
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 22:00:31 +0100

Am Freitag, 03.01.03 um 19:50 Uhr schrieb MetalSnake:

Hi

I wanted to compile Enigma under Mac OS X. I installed SDL, SDL_image and SDL_mixer. I changed to the Enigma sources folder in Terminal and typed ./configure, it starts to check some stuff and end with:

checking for sdl-config... no
checking for SDL - version >= 1.2.0... no
*** The sdl-config script installed by SDL could not be found
*** If SDL was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the SDL_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to sdl-config.
checking for SDL_image.h... no
configure: error: SDL_image is required to compile Enigma

As I saied I installed SDL_image! What to do now?

Snake

PS: Sorry for my english.

For the ./configure script to work, you need to have the fink (non framework) versions of SDL, SDL_image, SDL_mixer and lua. configure searches for the sdl-config script, which is not included in the frameworks from www.libsdl.org .
You can either install fink, or compile the three packages from source.

Enigma itself only compiles after you comment out the #include "getopt.h" from enigma.cc.
(Daniel: you could put this into #ifndef _APPLE_ sometime)

Once you have the packages installed, it is also possible to build a nice application package linked against the frameworks. To accomplish that, you'll have to
1) build normally
2) edit config.h to include a #define MACOSX
3) "touch Info.plist"
4) "touch enigma.icns"
5) edit the target "enigma-fw-mosx" in Makefile.am to include the locations of your liblua.a and liblualib.a, behind the $(enigma_DEPENDENCIES). For me, this looks like this:
enigma-fw-mosx: $(enigma_OBJECTS) $(enigma_DEPENDENCIES)
$(CXX) $(LDFLAGS) -o enigma-fw $(enigma_OBJECTS) $(enigma_DEPENDENCIES) /usr/fink/lib/liblua.a /usr/fink/lib/liblualib.a -lsdlmain -lz -framework SDL -framework SDL_image -framework SDL_mixer -framework IOKit -framework Cocoa -framework OpenGL -framework Carbon -framework QuickTime
6) "make bundle-fw"

The resulting bundle Enigma.app will look like a folder, but it will be a rather well behaved, self-contained Mac OS X application.

Oh, BTW, you had better build SDL from the current CVS: it fixes all known mouse errors in fullscreen mode.

Sorry that the current build process is so messy, but that's how it is.

I'll probably build a new disk image with the new SDL version once it is a _bit_ more official (i.e. a officially sanctioned do-not-redistribute tarball) :-)

HTH,
Johannes