erc-discuss

Re: [Erc-discuss] /list produces incomplete output: analysis and workaro

From: Michael Olson
Subject: Re: [Erc-discuss] /list produces incomplete output: analysis and workaround
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 17:55:45 -0700

It would be a good idea to pick a solution and send the patch to the address@hidden list, since the primary place to maintain ERC is in the Emacs source tree.  Cc: me for a +1 on the patch.  The one that has the potential to break the least amount of code is probably better.

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 2:48 PM, Sascha Wilde <address@hidden> wrote:
"Aaron S. Hawley" <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 5/16/12, Sascha Wilde <address@hidden> wrote:
>> "Aaron S. Hawley" <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> The other option is making sure the handlers of erc-list.el get first
>>> priority by not appending them with third argument to `add-hook'.
>>
>> I thought of that, too.  But this change would change the semantics
>> further (not sure whether this would be intended): as
>> erc-list-handle-322 ends with:
>>
>>   ;; Don't let another hook run.
>>   t)
>>
>> erc-server-322 wouldn't be run at all...
>>
>> I have no idea if that would be good or bad as I don't really understand
>> what the rational of erc-server-322 is anyway?!
>
> Seems not letting another hook run is exactly what is intended.  Like
> you I'm skeptical.

Anyway, I'd think either solution would be an improvement, as both fix
the annoying bug of omitted channels in /list output.  I'd be really
grateful if one solution could be committed.

cheers
sascha
--
"Anyone who slaps a 'this page is best viewed with Browser X' label on a Web
page appears to be yearning for the bad old days, before the Web, when you had