[ESPResSo-users] mdds

From: Dmitry Zablotsky
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] mdds
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 10:52:59 +0200

Hello!

I have been playing with espresso-3.3.0 for the past couple of days and have a small question.

I put two dipoles with different dipole moments, different orientation and distance between them and calculate the magnetic interaction energy of the system. The result doesn`t change depending on the l_B parameter of "inter magnetic" command. I use the magnetic direct summation with n_cut=0. There are no other interactions (lj, thermostat etc)

Is it right that the MDDS algorithm does not take into account the magnetic Bjerrum length?
Is this the correct behaviour?

Best regards,

Dmitry