fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] rsync_project

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] rsync_project
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 09:27:32 -0400

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 6:38 AM, Christian Vest Hansen
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I can't really decide wether it was a good idea or not to add in
> upload_project in the first place, but that's how it happened. Ideally
> there should be a better place for these more perifiral functions, but
> not such place exists in the current code base.

FWIW my plan post-magic-removal is to make a "contrib" type of library
containing oodles of useful common-case stuff like upload_project(),
which is clearly distinct from core Fabric. Then that sort of thing
can theoretically be maintained separately, e.g. by different people
or with a different sort of update policy.

-Jeff