fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Virtualenv Use Case

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Virtualenv Use Case
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 13:32:42 -0400

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Heikki Toivonen
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't think it would make sense to build support for that in Fabric
> itself, because there is another Python package that already provides
> this (and more): pexpect. pexpect is more general purpose and powerful,
> but fabric is easier to use.

For what it's worth, I *would* like to at least explore putting
expect-like functionality in at some point, or at least some ability
to detect when the remote end is prompting so that Fabric can pause
and ask the user for input.

However, if that's even feasible, it likely wouldn't show up till 1.0
or later. There's a lot of other stuff that's both more
pressing/useful, and easier to implement, which needs to come first :)

-Jeff