fhsst-maths

Re: FHSST-Maths: June Assignments

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: Re: FHSST-Maths: June Assignments
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 02:15:24 +0100

On 8 Jun 2005, at 01:49, Jimmy Tseng wrote:
Maybe I can start on the integration section? Also,
just wondering how come there isn't a logarithm
section and complex numbers section? Is it because the
South African syllabus doesn't contain this? If you
would like me to do some other topic first, I'm happy
with that.

hmm, i don't think there is an integration section in the SA syllabus. there definitely isn't a complex numbers section... that is way too advanced!

the SA syllabus is actually higher than the A-Level standard in the UK in some places... like series/finance/numerics. but is behind in others like integration. i guess the Taiwan (?) syllabus is much higher than both the UK and SA judging by your ideas :-)

by the way, there is an intro document here:
  http://fommil.homeunix.org/~samuel/fhsst/
which i forgot to mention that you should read. it has the SA syllabus linked somewhere. please let me know if i missed integration! you have got me wondering now...

there *is* a logs section though :-) would you like it? it has been drafted so you will be mostly editing.

cheers,
Sam
--
Free High School Science Texts