fianchetto-users

Re: [Fianchetto-users] tournament information

From: jaesgar
Subject: Re: [Fianchetto-users] tournament information
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 13:14:46 +0100 (CET)

Javier, thanks for answer me.

> > Hello,
> >
> >  I have a few questions about the chess tournaments, I want to know
> > the main information that will be interesting to be record of a
> > tournament, I was thinking in those ones: the name of the tournament,
> > the tournament's beginning date,
>
> Not only the beginning date, but also the ending date (it could be
interesting
> to add the date of each round, depending on the nature of the
tournament).

 Ok, this could be interesting.

> > the referee or the referees, the
> > number of rounds., the pairing system (swiss or Dubov swiss).
>
> The place where the tournament is played, the tie break system
(bucholz,
> sonnen, Puerto Rico, ...), and, a very important one, the playing
system
> (FIDE system, blitz chess, ...). I suppose there are a few more
things that
> could be added (purpose of the tournament, age or ELO needed to
play, ...).

 Yes, sorry I have forgotten the tie break system.

 What is the ELO? (Sorry for the question but I'm not a chess player).

> >  About the pairing system, I have a question, what is the more used
> > pairing system? the swiss sistem, or the Dubov variant?
>
> Well, fifteen years playing chess and I'd never heard of the Dubov
> variant :-).

http://www.fide.com/official/handbook.asp?level=C0403

 Here explains what is the Dubov system, basically is a swiss system
but the main diference is that this system tries to pair people about
the same strength, by the rating average.

> Usually, the pairing system is swiss, but there's also a system called
> "Round-Robin". It is used for tournaments where each participant
plays every
> other participant an equal number of times (we could call it a
league). Don't
> worry about it, it's very easy to implement.

 Yes, I know it, but I think that it's not so much used because you
need to have a short number of players, well, may be also can be used
in a closed tournament in a chess club, only for the members. Anyway
I think this could be add latter easily, and I pefer to concentrate in
the swiss system.

> >  Also I want to know the main information about the players that could
> > be interesting to be included, I was thought about those: the name of
> > the player, the rank, the club, the tittles
>
> If it's an international tournament, I would add the players'
nationality.

 Yes!, It's a good Idea.

> > (I don't know if it's
> > important to know the total number or the names of them).
>
> I don't understand what you mean.

Here, http://www.fide.com/official/handbook.asp?level=C0401A , to
order the players tell that the preferences are those ones:

# score
# rating
# FIDE-title (IGM-WGM-IM-WIM-FM-WFM-no title)
# alphabetically

 I don't know if this order must to be respected, if you are in a tie
of rate with other, if you have won the IGM tournament you go first
than the other who have won WGM tournament, or consist of one have won
4 tournaments and go first than the other who have won 2 tournaments.

> > Thanks for all.
>
> You're welcome.

> http://es.voice.yahoo.com

Javier Esteve García