fianchetto-users

Re: [Fianchetto-users] tournament information

From: Javi
Subject: Re: [Fianchetto-users] tournament information
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 15:19:04 +0100

The rating used in chess: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

> > Usually, the pairing system is swiss, but there's also a system called
> > "Round-Robin".

>  Yes, I know it, but I think that it's not so much used because you
> need to have a short number of players

Or teams :-). This is the main reason it is used.

> Here, http://www.fide.com/official/handbook.asp?level=C0401A , to
> order the players tell that the preferences are those ones:
>
> # score
> # rating
> # FIDE-title (IGM-WGM-IM-WIM-FM-WFM-no title)
> # alphabetically
>  I don't know if this order must to be respected, if you are in a tie
> of rate with other, if you have won the IGM tournament you go first
> than the other who have won WGM tournament, or consist of one have won
> 4 tournaments and go first than the other who have won 2 tournaments.

IGM, WGM, ... are not tournaments. They are titles: Grand Master,
International Master, ... So, if your are a Grand Master, you go first than
an International Master (if the score and the rating are the same).

BTW: rating, FIDE-title and name don't change during the tournament, so you
only have to use them once: before the first round, when all the scores are
the same (zero). You order the players, giving them a ranking number (1, 2,
3, ...), and then you only need two parameters to order the players: the
score, and the ranking.

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com