[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Findutils-patches] [PATCH] Include sys/stat.h in files where we use
Re: [Findutils-patches] [PATCH] Include sys/stat.h in files where we use struct stat.
Tue, 26 Jun 2007 09:26:56 +0100
So, the patch I applied in the end should address most of your
comments. The notable exception is the function pointer issue. We
should resolve that one. The ChangeLog entry is appended and the
patch is attached.
2007-06-26 James Youngman <address@hidden>
* build-aux/src-sniff.py: Detect uses of struct stat where the
header file was not included.
* find/find.c: Fix this, and uses of assert without a following
space (the coding standard requires a space, but there are still
a number of cases where other functions are called with no
* find/fstype.c: Ditto.
* find/ftsfind.c: Ditto.
* find/parser.c: Ditto.
* find/pred.c: Ditto.
* find/tree.c: Ditto.
* find/util.c: Ditto.
* lib/buildcmd.c: Ditto.
* lib/buildcmd.h: Ditto.
* lib/extendbuf.c: Ditto.
* locate/frcode.c: Ditto.
* locate/locate.c: Ditto.
* locate/word_io.c: Ditto.
* xargs/xargs.c: Ditto.
* find/tree.c (cost_table_comparison): Avoid < comparison between
function pointer types. Instead cast the function pointers to
(const void*). Both alternatives are undefined C, but the former
actually fails to compile on some systems. This fixes Savannah
* NEWS: mention the fix
* find/tree.c (calculate_derived_rates): Removed assignment to
rate variable following an assert(0) call, which had been added to
silence a "used before initialised" warning, and replace it with a
call to abort, which (a) correctly halts execution if _NDEBUG is
defined and (b) more accurately documents what's happening.
* find/parser.c (get_stat_Ytime): Removed redundant call to abort.
* find/util.c (debug_stat): For consistency, use assert (0) rather
than assert (false).
Description: Text Data