firefly-dev

[Firefly-dev] Ideas for project...

From: firefly-dev
Subject: [Firefly-dev] Ideas for project...
Date: 26 Mar 2003 11:45:02 +0100

Some ideas:

- i18n support, I think we should start with this from the beginning or
it would be a nightmare lately

- a system for automatic upgrades of the sw would be cool.

- plugins based ? a library may need something other libraries don't, a
plugin can be a way to provide the library what does it needs without
having to upgrade all the software in all the other libraries.
Just think about the inter-library system I told you about, the
possibility to browse other libraries catalogue could be developed as a
plugin for example.
I'm thinking to something like jedit for the plugins..

In my little experience, workers at library had difficulties to remember
all the procedures, I think we should do an effort to make the software
the most possible easy to use.

Have you already thought about the user interface, do you plan to have a
graphical one ?

Bye

Marco