firefly-dev

[Firefly-dev] Things to think about

From: firefly-dev
Subject: [Firefly-dev] Things to think about
Date: 26 Mar 2003 14:27:22 -0600

Ok, I have been saying that I will post ideas, and here they are.

These are just things that need to be done and ideas to be considered.
They are kinda mashed together.

Things to think about:
1. Frontend's
        a. user(patron)
        b. user(staff)
2. database
        a. use a existing database
        b. make out own
3. website
        a. needs to be done.
        b. any ideas?
4. Is this whole project going to work from within a browser or be a
        independent app. Is it going to be its own install straight from disk
        and take up a entire harddrive? Is it going to be diskless, and just
        work on a server?
5. Is it going to be text or gui?

6. How is the Public Access Catalog(PAC) setup?

7.What types of options are going to be in the admin side?

8. What languages are going to be needed for programming? Is Perl and
        Python enough?

9. Do we need a chat room to have real time discussions?

10. Do we need to break parts into teams? GUI, PAC, Records, Admin
        Utils, etc.

Ideas for a GUI:

1. Drag and drop list for patrons, so they can build a list to print out
        and search for.

2. Call up book reviews from say Amazon(not limited to)

That is all for now. Please write back with comments.
--
John Hornbeck <address@hidden>