[fluid-dev] Setting the settings

From: Frank Barknecht
Subject: [fluid-dev] Setting the settings
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 14:59:15 +0200

Hallo,

I'm currently trying to port my iiwu Pd externals to fluid. The old
one used the intterface of iiwu-0.6. Now I'm struggling a bit with
getting the new settings right. I'm especially interested in how to
create a synth/settings combination with direct audio output off.

It was this way:

  pd_fluid_settings->flags        &= ~FLUID_AUDIO;
  pd_fluid_settings->sample_format = FLUID_FLOAT_FORMAT;

Now I could tried this just by guessing:

  fluid_settings_setstr(pd_fluid_settings, "audio.driver", "float");
  fluid_settings_setnum(pd_fluid_settings, "synth.sample-rate", Samplerate() );

I currently cannot test if this works, because although the external
loads, it complains about a missing symbol: "add_history" which comes
from the readline interface. I don't want to use readline, how can I
get rid of it? I suppose, this also needs to be specified within the
settings struct?

I attached the full code, which is a Pd/Max external using flext.

ciao