[fluid-dev] Dummy question: velocity layers, intro to MIDI

From: Mikhail Ramendik
Subject: [fluid-dev] Dummy question: velocity layers, intro to MIDI
Date: 11 Apr 2003 00:31:00 +0400

Hello!

Here's probably a very dummy question.

I se many sf2's advertised as having several velocity layers. What are
those, and are they supported in fluidsynth, and do I need to switch
them?

Perhaps what I really need is to do an RTFM on MIDI, but the problem is,
I can't find a decent manual. Could anyone please point me to a good
intro to MIDI itself? (*not* a linux-midi-howto, these generally assume
one has done midi on some other os).

--
Sincerely yours, Mikhail Ramendik