[fluid-dev] congratulations

From: Ivan Z. Ganza
Subject: [fluid-dev] congratulations
Date: 10 Apr 2003 15:26:08 -0400

Hi there!

I just wanted to off my congratulations and thanks to the developers
working on fluidsynth.  This is one of the few program I found that is
just ./configure; make; make install and all works great!

Have found one problem though.

On my system it seems to work fine when a process is sending it midi
events to play, however, after a period of a few seconds no activity,
the synth begins to spin my cpu at 100%.  This stop as soon as you
begin to us the synth again, then, if you stop, again, few seconds
later, same thing.

Did not look into the code myself so I have no clue why this is
happending.

(Oh, another thing, configure does not find jack even though I have it
installed)

Here is my system info:

Portage 2.0.47-r10 (default-x86-1.4, gcc-3.2.2, glibc-2.3.1-r2)
System uname: 2.4.19-gentoo-r10 i686 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1500MHz
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/gentoo";
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /var/qmail/control /usr/kde/2/share/config
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb /usr/kde/3.1/share/config /usr/kde/3/share/config
/usr/share/config"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/gconf /etc/env.d"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY=""
USE="x86 oss 3dnow apm avi crypt encode gif jpeg libg++ mikmod mmx mpeg ncurses
nls pdflib png quicktime spell truetype xml2 xmms xv zlib gdbm berkdb slang
readline arts tetex svga tcltk java guile ruby mysql sdl gpm tcpd pam libwww
ssl perl python esd imlib oggvorbis qt kde motif opengl mozilla X gtk gnome
-alsa cups usb"
COMPILER="gcc3"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-O2 -mcpu=i686 -pipe"
CXXFLAGS=""
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86"
MAKEOPTS="-j2"
AUTOCLEAN="yes"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
FEATURES="sandbox ccache"