[fluid-dev] problem: have no alsa-lib

From: Mikhail Ramendik
Subject: [fluid-dev] problem: have no alsa-lib
Date: 12 Apr 2003 02:18:09 +0400

Hello!

I have run into a problem while trying to switch to using alsa.

In my Linux distro (ASP Linux 7.3., a Russian derivative of Red Hat)
alsa drivers are compiled into the kernel (version 0.9rc2, as I
understood from some conversation;I don't know how to learn for sure).
But an alsa-lib package for the distro is not available. (Requests in
this support mailing list have been ignored for a day now.) Without
alsa-lib, as far as I know, I won't be able to compile fluidsynth for
alsa.

I thought of downloading alsa libraries from http://www.alsa-project.org
- but that site seems to be down.

What can I do? Is there any other way to get alsa libraries, in order to
compile fluidsynth with them? And by the way, do I need exactly version
0.9rc2 of alsa-lib, or will a newer one do?

(Recompiling the kernel in order to get a new alsa version into it is
something I'd rather not do).

--
Sincerely yours, Mikhail Ramendik