[fluid-dev] Hack on clicking works, want to make it good fix

From: Mikhail Ramendik
Subject: [fluid-dev] Hack on clicking works, want to make it good fix
Date: 13 Apr 2003 23:28:59 +0400

Hello!

Markus, your idea of a hack to fix clicking in Jeux d'Orgues 2 has
worked. I have inserted debug output of count in cases for
GEN_VOLENVRELEASE and GEN_MODENVRELEASE (in fluid_voice.c), and compared
Jeux d'Orgues 2 and Jeux d'Orgues 1 (which does not click). The result
was that only GEN_VOLENVRELEASE needed fixing. I have added one line:

if (count<98) count = 98;

and now, no clicks! The value of 98 is the minimal value seen in Jeux
d'Orgues 1; I have not yet tried lower values.

Now, a clean fix would have this value configurable via an option. I am
ready to work on this fix. It probably should be one of the settings
listed with the settings command; I propose the name
"synth.min-release". I'll try to make a proper patch in a couple of days
and will submit it here; I hope it will be accepted into the source
tree.

Come to think of it - I'll reenable the debug output and try several
soundfonts, and set the default so that it would (hopefully) fix Jeux
d'Orgues 2, but simply not affect those other fonts.

--
Sincerely yours, Mikhail Ramendik