[fluid-dev] Other than OSS or ALSA on Linux ???

From: Tiemo Krüger - mycable GmbH
Subject: [fluid-dev] Other than OSS or ALSA on Linux ???
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 14:52:41 +0200

Hi,

after successfully compiling fluidsynth for x86 and mips I was able to
use it on my x86-Desktop but not on my embedded-device.
The audio-driver for my device (Au1500 CPU with AC97 CODEC directly connected)
has just a 'normal' audio driver, but no one for ALSA or OSS.
Can't I use fluidsynth with this? After debugging fluidsynth with a lot
different configuration options it mostly stuck inside
new_fluid_audio_driver

I found a AUFILE_SUPPORT functionality which could be used instead of the
other Soundsystems. Is this meant to use simple audio devices? Unfortunatly
the belonging functions:

delete_fluid_file_audio_driver
new_fluid_file_audio_driver

are not available.