Re: [fluid-dev] M2496 M-audio

From: Garett Shulman
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] M2496 M-audio
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 12:02:36 -0600

Hey Dave, the 2496 hardware outs use sample rate of 48000. You need to either setup a plug device in asoundrc and point fluidsynth at that or point fluidsynth to plughw:0,0 instead of hw:0,0 (or whatever your card numbers are).
HTH. -Garett

Dave Serls wrote:

I'm trying to test my M-audio 2496 Audiophile with fluidsynth.
Other cards on this system (Mandrake 10.1, ALSA 1.0.8) work ok.
The M-Audio appears to want some other format -- I think I have it
set to 44100 .

The error is:
fluidsynth: error: Failed to find a workable audio format
Failed to create the audio driver

Do I need some plugin or .asoundrc entry??
Thanks for any assistance.