Re: [fluid-dev] M2496 M-audio

From: Dave Serls
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] M2496 M-audio
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 13:31:33 -0600

On Wed, 11 May 2005 12:02:36 -0600
Garett Shulman <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hey Dave, the 2496 hardware outs use sample rate of 48000. You need to
> either setup a plug device in asoundrc and point fluidsynth at that or
> point fluidsynth to plughw:0,0 instead of hw:0,0 (or whatever your card
> numbers are).
> HTH. -Garett
>
> Dave Serls wrote:
>
> >I'm trying to test my M-audio 2496 Audiophile with fluidsynth.
> >Other cards on this system (Mandrake 10.1, ALSA 1.0.8) work ok.
> >The M-Audio appears to want some other format -- I think I have it
> >set to 44100 .
> >
> >The error is:
> >fluidsynth: error: Failed to find a workable audio format
> >Failed to create the audio driver
> >
> >Do I need some plugin or .asoundrc entry??
> >Thanks for any assistance.

  Well, I'm trying something like that.
  I've never seen any decent documentation on this and don't
  know which end is input here.

  Now I get 4 messages of "slave PCM not useable" using

pcm.ice1712 {
  type hw
  card 2
}
ctl.ice1712 {
  type hw
  card 2
}
pcm_slave.cnv {
  pcm ice1712
  format S24_LE
  channels 2
  rate 48000
}
pcm.fluid_convert {
  type plug
  slave cnv
}

  Arrrgh.

*   Dave Serls                                 Littleton, CO, USA      *
*   dashs.denver.co.us                         sorrybiscuit.com        *